Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Layover Lover by Jeannine Colette & Lauren Runow


About:

Flying the friendly skies has been more than just a job to me. It’s my home.

Ten years ago I ran away from everything I’ve known and vowed never to return. That is until my flight is canceled due to weather, and I’m stuck in San Francisco.

Fate is not on my side when I end up in an Uber rideshare with the one man I thought I’d never see again.
Zack Hunt was my high school sweetheart, and the boy I walked away from without a note saying goodbye. Except, he’s no longer a boy. No, this man is gorgeous, intense, and heated at the sight of me.
The anger searing off him is nothing compared to the way my heart pounds from seeing him again. Words are said. Feelings are crushed. But when he invites me into his bar to hash out our past, I find myself following him in, desperate for more.
The line between past and present is blurred when Zack challenges me to a dare—come back home with him to see what I walked away from.
Call me a glutton for punishment, but I do.
Then I challenge him right back to live a day in my shoes.
We drive home to rediscover the past
We fly abroad to live in the present.
When we stop moving, we realize we may never have a future.
Layover Lover is a second chance romance, aligned by fate. Can two lost souls really find love again on a layover? Or do they need to keep flying?




My Review:
 Most of the time when I find an author I love I will read everything I can find on them. This has happened to me with Lauren Runow. Then I was introduced to Jeannie Colette and Lauren writing together and have fallen in love!
Layover Lover is their newest book and I was blessed with an ARC to read and review. This is a great second chance lovers story that will make you laugh and ahhh a bunch. There are sad parts from the past that will come up but all in all this is a story that will make you want to live your dreams. These two authors write this contemporary romance in a way that makes you want to see more, do more, and appreciate what you have been given. This story is not only a second chance for love but a second chance at seeing what life is all about. I think we can all get caught up in the bigger picture, the speed of life and wanting more. When in reality if we stop and look around we will see that what we have is so much better and worth any sacrifice needed to hang onto it. That's why I say these two authors are amazing, because they don’t just give us a distraction they make you think and hold the stories close to our hearts. So grab this amazing book today and curl up to read! You will not regret it!


Links:





No comments: